Be witness to the eternal battle between light and darkness for the throne of Aeterna.
AeternaNoctis is a 2D Metroidvania video game with never before seen evolved mechanics. In the ?King of Darkness? role you must recover your power by exploring the vast lands of the world of Aeterna through 16 totally different and interconnected areas, in the purest Metroidvania style. Frame to frame, its hand-drawn animation gives the title a unique personality, making each level and different characters align in Aeterna.
- Level of difficulty: AeternaNoctis is a game of fair and intuitive difficulty from the first level, which increases progressively as the player gets more experienced with the controls and unlocks new skills. The gameplay is always keeping you alert but making you feel proud after each challenge is completed.
- Fluid gameplay mechanics: The game has been designed and polished until achieving a system that responds to 100% of the actions regardless of the speed and conditions in which they are executed, giving the player a feeling of satisfaction and total control over the character in any situation.
- High Mobility: Level design is intuitive and allows to exploit the movement controls of the character, opening multiple ways to overcome each challenge and allowing skilled players to improve their zone completion times.
- Freedom of decision: Aeterna Noctis has a non-linear map divided into 16 different and connected areas in classic Metroidvania style. Although the main story has a defined path, developers want the players to set their own pace and be able to travel this huge world in multiple different ways.
- Traditional 2D Art: Our art team has designed Frame by Frame through traditional illustration, each and every one of the animations that you can enjoy in 'Aeterna Noctis', giving life to beautiful and fluid movements with absolute passion and dedication.
- Aeterna Noctis gameplay is built around an original, deep and emotional story with epic moments and unexpected twists that will captivate the most experienced players.
I really liked this game. The graphics were really good and the storyline was just mind gripping. I thought that the new feature that allows you to have a monster in your party was a good choice as it adds something extra to the game but i would of preferred there to be a wider variety of playable characters, similar to Final Fantasy XIII.
Still lucky for some! This game is a third person turn based real time combat Japanese role playing adventure. More of the same really but perhaps a little more accessible as square enix have had the chance to refine and develop their ideas a bit more with this title. A worthy sequel that will keep you going 'til the next one!
In years, Final Fantasy XIII-2 is the first game in the series that has a rousing and epic story and amazing cut scenes as well. Fans who were disappointed with the last two releases should really take a look at this one. The graphics and the sounds are outstanding and there is more freedom in gameplay than you were offered in Final Fantasy XIII. The only bad things remaining are the most boring combat system I have ever seen and lame side quests by Final Fantasy standards. A step ??hopefully just a first step! ??back on track and certainly recommended.
Final Fantasy 13 was a long wait for the die hards of the series and did not disappoint in any way. X2 continues the storyline and it is easily just as much fun. I know that many very not very happy with 13 but I do not know why as it was a incredible game that kept you busy for many many hours. So too does X2. Excellent price for so much fun.
A definite improvement over everything that bothered fans of the series. With DLC bosses, more sidequests, the ability to come and go as you please in every timeline, an upgraded crystarium and the game making sure you know what you were doing when you saved last time. The only downside is the fragments, due to some of the ridiculous requirements to unlock them.
I've always loved the final fantasy games, and even though these later ones are not as great as the older one, it is still a great game. The graphics are great and the story is awesome "well at least most of it" most people wouldn't say this but i would recommend it to anyone.
I found Final Fantasy 13-2 quite disappointing to be honest. I don't feel anything was overly BAD about it, but I felt that it really wasn't worth my time. The game's story is fairly mediocre, the characters are pretty boring and the gameplay isn't far different from Final Fantasy 13 (which isn't bad, it's just that after putting over 100 hours into FF13, the combat seems boring.) All in all, the game is just mediocre. Why waste your time playing stuff that's "okay"? Play good games, try other final fantasy games, such as FFIV, FFVI, FFVII, FFX etc. All in all, I'm losing faith in Square Enix.
An excellent improvement over the first "13" game, all the issues that you had with XIII are gone, Linearity? Lack of sidequests? No DLC? No backtracking? Difficult to follow story? Hope being a whiny little b-- *Ahem* Yes, all those things have been rectified in a fantastic way. XIII-2 is exactly as a sequel should be, and is now one of my favourite in the whole FF series.
Many people were very critical of Final Fantasy XIII and think this sequel to be an improvement, however I actually enjoyed the first one better despite its relative linearity. I sorely missed the freedom to choose from 6 different characters to comprise your party and felt that being limited to just two (plus a monster) this time round was a letdown. The sequel's story is also lacking and requires major suspension of disbelief. However the great paradigm shift battle system remains and overall Final Fantasy XIII-2 is still a good game.